Turkish Energy Ministry grants formal drilling consent for Basur-3 appraisal well
UK Oil & Gas PLC (London AIM: UKOG) is delighted to announce that the Turkish Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources (“Ministry”) has granted UKOG Turkey and Aladdin Middle East formal consent to drill the forthcoming Basur-3 appraisal well, located in the Resan licence AR/AME-UKO/K/M47-b1, b2 (“Licence”). UKOG Turkey, a wholly owned UKOG subsidiary, has a 50% interest in the Licence, which contains the potentially significant Basur-Resan oil discovery.
The Ministry’s permission, dated 2nd April 2021, follows the partnership’s 1st April 2021 submission of the required Pre-Activity Information Form (Annexe-50) and Drilling Programme.The consent requires the Ministry to be notified 5-days prior to the actual spud date of Basur-3.
Drilling pad and access road construction works continue to progress ahead at good pace with completion expected by end May.
As detailed in the Company’s announcements of 14th October 2020, January 15th and 23rd March 2021, Basur-3 is the first key step towards establishing the commerciality of the Basur-Resan Mardin oil pool, calculated to contain potentially transformational discovered recoverable oil resources (see: glossary below and Turkey presentations of January 15th and 23rd March 2021 on https://www.ukogplc.com ).
Stephen Sanderson UKOG’s Chief Executive commented:
“The speedy grant of drilling consent from the Turkish government further illustrates how oil and gas projects can be pushed ahead more rapidly and with more certainty in Turkey than in the UK onshore, a key enabler for value creation and preservation. We commend our partner Aladdin Middle East’s efforts in this respect.”
Qualified Person’s Statement
Matt Cartwright, UKOG’s Commercial Director, who has 38 years of relevant experience in the global oil industry, has approved the information contained in this announcement. Mr Cartwright is a Chartered Engineer and member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers.
UKOG Licence Interests
The Company has interests in the following UK and international licences:
1. Oil field currently in stable production.
2. Oil discovery pending development and/or appraisal drilling.
3. Exploration asset with drillable prospects and leads.
4. Contains the Loxley Portland gas accumulation, the Broadford Bridge-1/1z Kimmeridge oil discovery, plus further undrilled Kimmeridge exploration prospects.
5. Portland and Kimmeridge oil field with productive and commercially viable zones, HH-1 in stable oil production, production planning consent granted in September 2019, long-term production consent granted in March 2020.
6. UKOG has a direct 77.9% interest in HHDL, which has a 65% interest in PEDL137 and PEDL246.
7. Gas discovery pending appraisal drilling and development with underlying Kimmeridge potential
8. High-impact oil appraisal project with an upside OIP range of 150-500 mmbbl gross with expected recovery factors of 10-20% of OIP
If anyone reads this article found it useful, helpful? Then please subscribe www.share-talk.com or follow SHARE TALK on our Twitter page for future updates.
Terms of Website Use
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned