The upcoming week ushers in October and is anticipated to deliver news from prominent consumer brands such as Tesco, Greggs, Boohoo, and Wetherspoons.
Additionally, blue-chip firms, namely the water utility Pennon and tobacco producer Imperial Brands, will be sharing their figures.
Fresh economic figures will further fuel discussions on potential interest rate changes, given that the subsequent central bank gatherings are scheduled for the month’s end.
Monday, 02 October
Corporate Highlights: Pennon Group PLC (LSE:PNN, OTC:PEGRY), a water utility firm, is poised to share its strategies on addressing water leaks and managing sewage discharges in an upcoming trading statement. [See the full preview.]
Others set to release updates include:
Year-End Results: James Halstead
Economic Revelations: PMI Manufacturing (UK & US), US Construction Spending, US ISM Manufacturing, and US ISM Prices Paid.
Tuesday, 03 October
Corporate Highlights: Greggs PLC (LSE:GRG), the well-known bakery chain, has reported consistent sales of its products including sausage rolls, sandwiches, and coffee throughout the year. In their third-quarter update on Tuesday, the primary concern will likely be cost factors. [View the complete preview.]
Operating in the affordable segment, Boohoo Group PLC (AIM:BOO) hasn’t showcased impressive numbers so far. However, the increasing involvement of Mike Ashley’s Frasers as a shareholder and potential collaborations with the Sports Direct tycoon adds an intriguing layer to the story. [See the full preview.]
Other scheduled updates:
- Trading Updates: Gooch & Housego PLC (AIM:GHH)
- Interim Reports: Inspiration Healthcare Group PLC (AIM:IHC), Tortilla Mexican Grill PLC (AIM:MEX), S&U PLC (LSE:SUS)
- AGMs: Equals Group PLC (AIM:EQLS), Haydale Graphene Industries PLC, Berkeley Energia Ltd (LSE:BKY, ASX:BKY)
Economic News: BRC Shop Price Index (UK), US Auto Sales.
Wednesday, 04 October
Corporate Highlights: Analysts believe that the inherent growth and fortified market stance of Tesco PLC (LSE:TSCO) are overshadowed by investor concerns about inflation. These sentiments surface ahead of the grocery chain’s interim results disclosure. [Explore the full preview.]
Other scheduled updates:
- Trading Updates: Topps Tiles PLC (LSE:TPT)
- Interim Reports: Tesco PLC (LSE:TSCO)
- AGMs: Alien Metals Ltd (AIM:UFO, OTC:ASLRF), TheWorks.co.uk PLC (LSE:WRKS)
Economic Insights: PMI Composite (UK & US), PMI Services (UK & US), MBA Mortgage Applications (US), Factory Orders (US), ISM Prices Paid (US), and US Crude Oil Inventories.
Thursday, 05 October
Corporate Highlights: Amidst a rapidly evolving market, tobacco producer Imperial Brands PLC (LSE:IMB) is preparing for a pre-close trading announcement. [View the complete preview.]
- Trading Updates: CMC Markets PLC (LSE:CMCX), Ferrexpo PLC (LSE:FXPO)
- Interim Reports: Vertu Motors PLC
- Year-End Results: Volution Group PLC (LSE:FAN)
- US Earnings Reports: Constellation Brands (NYSE:STZ) Inc, Levi Strauss
- AGMs: Henderson Smaller Companies Investment Trust PLC, Novacyt SA (AIM:NCYT, OTC:NVYTF, EPA:ALNOV), Afentra plc (AIM:AET)
Economic News: US Balance of Trade, Continuing Claims, Initial Jobless Claims.
Impact on FTSE 100 due to Ex-dividends: -0.88 points.
Friday, 06 October
Corporate Highlights: Shareholders of JD Wetherspoon PLC (LSE:JDW) are optimistic that Tim Martin and his team will maintain the momentum, as various entities in the hospitality sector have shown robust results despite numerous challenges. [Explore the full preview.]
- Trading Update: TSMC
- AGMs: Net Zero Infrastructure PLC (LSE:NZI), Ecr Minerals PLC, Pendragon PLC
Economic Insights: UK’s Halifax House Price Index, US Non-Farm Payrolls, US Unemployment Rate, and US Consumer Credit.
If anyone reads this article found it useful, helpful? Then please subscribe www.share-talk.com or follow SHARE TALK on our Twitter page for future updates.
Terms of Website Use
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned