Positive Drilling Results From Jacks Copper Project
Tertiary Minerals plc (LON: TYM), the AIM traded mineral exploration and development company, whose strategic focus is on energy transition metals, is pleased to announce that the Company has received positive laboratory assay results from its first drill programme at the Jacks Copper Project (“Jacks”) in Zambia, where it is earning a 90% joint venture interest.
· Significant copper mineralisation intersected in all four diamond drillholes:
22JKDD01: 13.5m grading 0.9% copper from 77.5m downhole, including
3.0m grading 1.7% copper from 79.5m, and
3.5m grading 1.2% copper from 87.0m
22JKDD02: 7.0m grading 0.6% copper from 54.0m, and
3.0m grading 0.8% copper from 191.0m
22JKDD03: 6.0m grading 1.8% copper from 105.0m, including
4.0m grading 2.4% copper from 106.0m
22JKDD04: 14.0m grading 0.8% copper from 27.0m, including
2.0m grading 1.7% copper from 27.0m and
5.0m grading 1.0% copper from 35.0m.
· Copper mineralisation has now been intersected over a strike length of 350m and remains open along strike and at depth.
· Planning is now underway for further evaluation of the historical copper soil anomaly that extends over a strike length of c.16km within the licence area.
· Tertiary has given notice to joint venture partner Mwashia Resources Ltd (“Mwashia”) that it has now earned a 51% interest in the Jacks Project licence, and has duly exercised its option to continue earning up to a 90% joint venture interest.
· Jacks Project is one of five licences areas in Zambia where Tertiary has the right to earn a 90% interest from Mwashia.
Commenting today, Executive Chairman Patrick Cheetham said:
“We are delighted to be reporting these positive results. The impressive copper hits in all four holes in our first drill programme confirms and builds on the historical results from the Jacks Project, and demonstrates continuity of copper mineralisation over an open-ended 350m strike length. Given that the Jacks Prospect lies within a 16km long soil geochemical anomaly, it is clear we are dealing with an exciting target with considerable potential. In the meantime, our local partner, Mwashia Resources Ltd, has made good progress on the environmental permitting required for exploration to start on the four other licences within our Zambian portfolio. We look forward to a busy and productive work programme during this dry season.”
For more information, please contact
Tertiary Minerals plc:
Patrick Cheetham, Executive Chairman
+44 (0) 1625 838 679
If anyone reads this article found it useful, helpful? Then please subscribe www.share-talk.com or follow SHARE TALK on our Twitter page for future updates.
Terms of Website Use
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned