Latest excellent infill drilling results confirm continuity of higher-grade mineralisation
2021 growth drilling programme: approximately 65,000 metres in next six months to test potential extensions to resource shell, new targets identified
Greatland Gold plc (AIM:GGP), the precious and base metals exploration and development company, is pleased to provide an update on Newcrest’s drilling campaign at the Havieron deposit in the Paterson region of Western Australia. The Company notes the release of an ASX announcement titled ” Quarterly Exploration Report” by Newcrest Mining Ltd (“Newcrest”) earlier today.
Drilling since May 2019 has outlined an ovoid shaped zone of variable brecciation, alteration and sulphide mineralisation with dimensions of 650m x 350m trending in a north west orientation. Breccia mineralisation has been identified internally and externally to the Crescent Zone, including targets which remain open to the east, northwest and southeast. Mineralisation has been observed to over 1,000m in vertical extent below the post mineralisation cover sequence and remains open at depth.
During the last quarter of calendar 2020, drilling activities at Havieron primarily focused on ongoing infill drilling of the South East Crescent and Breccia Zone. This infill drilling was conducted to support the potential delivery of an Indicated Mineral Resource in the South East Crescent Zone and adjacent Breccia Zones. Assay results for a total of 18 new drill holes have been received since the last update (10 December 2020) and are reported here today.
· Further Excellent Results from Infill Drilling: Latest drill results confirm the continuity of higher-grade mineralisation within the South East Crescent and Breccia. Mineralisation is open at depth below the Inferred Mineral Resource shell providing support for potential expansion at depth.
· 2021 Growth Drilling Programme: The 2021 growth drilling programme includes plans for approximately 65,000 metres of drilling within the next six months and will focus on the following targets:
· South East Crescent and Breccia: Potential resource definition of extensions below the existing resource shell and lateral extensions adjacent to the existing high grade resource shell .
· Northern Breccia: Potential expansion of the existing Inferred Mineral Resource below and adjacent to the existing resource shell.
· Eastern Breccia: Drill testing and interpretation of the geological and mineralisation controls of the Eastern Breccia Zone is ongoing.
· New Targets: New targets outside of the immediate vicinity of the Havieron deposit, but within the Havieron Joint Venture area, have been identified with the potential to conduct drill testing of these targets in the future.
· Early Works Underway: As announced on 21 January 2021, earth moving activities to prepare for the construction of the box cut and decline have commenced, and work continues to investigate the potential to achieve commercial production at Havieron within three years of the commencement of the decline.
Best New Results – South East Crescent and Breccia1 (not previously reported)
· HAD025W1 : 111.7m @ 3.6g/t Au & 0.46% Cu from 804.7m, including
· 40.2m @ 8.4g/t Au & 0.53% Cu from 816.8m
· HAD109 : 37.7m @ 9.8g/t Au & 0.27% Cu from 814.3m
· HAD110 : 140.3m @ 2.5g/t Au & 0.48% Cu from 554m, including
· 37.7m @ 8.2g/t Au & 1.4% Cu from 580.4m
· HAD110W1 : 134m @ 3.1g/t Au & 0.45% Cu from 558m, including
· 2 2.9m @ 12g/t Au & 0.56% Cu from 659.1m
· HAD113: 121.7m @ 2.0g/t Au & 0.43% Cu from 708m
· HAD113W1: 108.6m @ 2.5g/t Au & 0.64% Cu from 742.4m
1. All widths reported here and below are downhole widths, generally greater than true widths.
Gervaise Heddle, Chief Executive Officer of Greatland Gold plc, commented: “As earth moving activities commence at Havieron, Newcrest continues to deliver excellent infill results within the existing resource shell and is launching an exciting 2021 growth drilling programme with the potential to further expand the mineralised footprint. The latest drill results increase our confidence in the continuity of higher-grade mineralisation and support the potential delivery of an Indicated Mineral Resource. Meanwhile, Newcrest’s plans for 65,000 metres of growth drilling will target several zones which could represent potential extensions to mineralisation outside of the Inferred Mineral Resource estimate, as well as new targets announced today within the Havieron joint venture area.
“Alongside the ramp-up of exploration and early works activities at Havieron, we are also preparing to launch our Juri Joint Venture exploration programme for 2021, which will focus on drill testing priority targets, including the Parlay target within the Black Hills Project and the Goliath, Outamind and Los Diablos targets within the Paterson Range East Project. We look forward to providing regular updates on activities at both joint ventures – Havieron and Juri – in due course.”
If anyone reads this article found it useful, helpful? Then please subscribe www.share-talk.com or follow SHARE TALK on our Twitter page for future updates.
Terms of Website Use
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned