World’s first point of care genetic test used to influence neonatal management in an acute setting and reduce aminoglycoside-induced hearing loss
Prevention – reduces the likelihood of aminoglycoside-induced hearing loss
Rapid results – point-of-care genetic test yields results in 30 minutes
Simple to use – by healthcare professionals with minimal training
An in vitro diagnostic (IVD) molecular assay for use in human buccal cells
The Genedrive® MT-RNR1 ID Kit used in conjunction with the Genedrive® System provides an automated result of an individual’s MT-RNR1 m.1555 variant status to inform the clinician ahead of antibiotic treatment decisions.
The Genedrive® MT-RNR1 ID Kit is intended to be used by healthcare professionals within a near patient setting.
The Genedrive® System is a compact benchtop system that provides rapid nucleic amplification, detection and result reporting without the need for data interpretation
- Reduces the likelihood of aminoglycoside induced hearing loss
- Provides a clear patient benefit by informing the clinician ahead of prescription
- Rapid genetic screening prior to aminoglycoside treatment
Individuals with the MT-RNR1 m.1555A>G variant develop profound irreversible hearing loss if exposed to aminoglycoside – population-based studies estimate prevalence of 1:500 (0.2%)
- Single use, cost effective test for use by healthcare professionals with minimal training
- Easy adoption into existing neonatal admissions process to inform clinicians ahead of antibiotic treatment decisions
- Non-invasive test using buccal swabs from the inner cheek
If anyone reads this article found it useful, helpful? Then please subscribe www.share-talk.com or follow SHARE TALK on our Twitter page for future updates.
Terms of Website Use
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned