Clontarf Energy plc (AIM: CLON), provides the following operational update on the drilling of the Sasanof-1 exploration well and will issue further updates upon the completion of campaign milestones:
· Valaris MS-1 rig has started mobilisation activities for departure to the Sasanof Prospect 200km away on the North West Shelf.
· Secondary anchors securing the rig at Dampier outer harbour, Western Australia, have been pulled, and the rig is secured to the GO Spica support vessel bridle for the tow to the Sasanof-1 exploration well location.
· Primary anchors will then be recovered by the Far Senator, and the tow commenced. Transit time is expected to be approximately four days, weather dependent.
· All required equipment has been loaded onto the rig for commencement of drilling.
· Preliminary preparations for drilling operations are being conducted:
o Mud mat, low pressure wellhead housing and conductors prepared for deployment.
o 13-3/8″ casing stands made up and racked in preparation for deployment on completion of 17-1/2″ hole section.
o Third party services equipment being installed and tested.
· Drilling operations (conductor jetting) are expected to start during week starting Monday 23rd May.
The Sasanof Prospect covers an area of up to 400 km2 and is on trend and up-dip of Western Gas’ liquids rich, low CO2 Mentorc Field.
ERCE estimates the Sasanof Prospect to contain a 2U Prospective Resource of 7.2 Tcf gas and 176 Million bbls condensate (P501), with a high case 3U Prospective Resource estimate of 17.8 Tcf gas and 449 Million bbls condensate (P101).
Sasanof is a large, seismic amplitude supported, structural-stratigraphic trap in the high-quality reservoir sands at the top of the Cretaceous top Lower Barrow Group formation on the Barrow Delta within the Exmouth Plateau.
Sasanof-1 will be Western Gas’ first well drilled from its extensive exploration portfolio surrounding the existing Equus Gas Project that contains a discovered resource of 2 Tcf and 42 MMbbl (2C Gaffney Cline2). The Equus Gas Project has a historic exploration drilling success rate of 88%, with 15 discoveries from 17 wells.
Western Gas (519P) Pty Ltd is the holding company for Sasanof and comprises the following working interests:
· Clontarf Energy Plc (AIM: CLON) – 10%
· Western Gas (Operator) – 52.5%
· Global Oil and Gas (ASX:GLV) – 25%
· Prominence Energy (ASX:PRM) – 12.5%
This announcement contains inside information for the purposes of Article 7 of Regulation (EU) 596/2014.
For further information please visit http://clontarfenergy.com or contact:
David Horgan, Chairman
John Teeling, Director
+353 (0) 1 833 2833
If anyone reads this article found it useful, helpful? Then please subscribe www.share-talk.com or follow SHARE TALK on our Twitter page for future updates.
Terms of Website Use
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned