Bushranger Copper/ Gold Project Drilling Programme Update
The Board of Xtract Resources Plc (“Xtract” or the “Company”) is pleased to provide a further update on the Phase One drilling programme at the Racecourse Mineral Resource on the Bushranger copper-gold exploration project located in the Lachlan Fold Belt (“LFB”), New South Wales, Australia. Drilling recommenced on 7 January 2021 after a short break over the Christmas – New Year holidays.
· Drilling recommenced on 7 January from a depth of 213.1m, following a short break over the Australian Christmas Holidays
· Drilling of the first of three holes on the Phase One Drilling Programme at the Racecourse Mineral Resource on the Bushranger Project, has progressed to a depth of 607m in drill hole BRDD-20-001
· Significant copper mineralisation commenced in drill hole BRDD-20-001 at a depth of 110m and continues to the current depth of the drill hole at 607m
· The copper mineralisation is predominantly disseminated chalcopyrite (copper sulphides) within a strongly altered quartz-feldspar porphyry intrusive body
· Drilling operations are progressing at a significant pace with drill hole BRDD-20-001 advancing at a rate of 80-90m per 24-hour period
· Drilling will continue in drill hole BRDD-20-001 to the planned depth of 815m and if the drill hole remains mineralised at that depth drilling will continue until the mineralisation is drilled through
· The Phase One drilling programme will comprise three diamond drill holes for a total of 2,290m, with the objective of extending the copper-gold mineralisation beyond the current boundary of the Mineral Resource of 71Mt @ 0.44% Cu & 0.064g/t Au, at a 0.3% cut-off, which has been classified as Inferred in accordance with JORC (2012)
Colin Bird, Executive Chairman said: “Following the customary short break over the Australian Christmas – New Year period, drilling of hole BRDD-20-001 at the Racecourse Mineral Resource on the Bushranger Project, recommenced on 7 January and drilling is proceeding at a very pleasing rate of 80-90m per 24 hours. The disseminated copper mineralisation, which commenced at a down hole depth of 110m, has continued to the current hole depth of 607m so we now have nearly 500m of mineralisation in this first drill hole which is very encouraging. The mineralisation is fine grained chalcopyrite within a quartz feldspar porphyry intrusive body, which is characteristic of mineralised porphyry bodies within the Lachlan Fold Belt in New South Wales . If the mineralisation continues to the planned total hole depth of 815m we will just continue to drill until we drill through all the mineralisation.”
Please see the following web links for the Racecourse Mineral Resource long section and photographs of the mineralisation intersected to date in drill hole BRDD-20-001:
Racecourse Mineral Resource Long Section
Copper Mineralisation Intersected in hole BRDD-20-001 at the Racecourse Mineral Resource
Phase One Drilling Programme at the Racecourse Mineral Resource – Bushranger Project
The Phase One drilling programme commenced on 16 December 2020 (as announced on 16 December 2020) and by 21 December drill hole BRDD-20-001 had progressed to a depth of 213.1m, when drilling was suspended for the customary Australian holidays over the Christmas – New Year period. Drilling recommenced on 7 January 2021 (as announced on 7 January 2021) and by 11 January 2021, at the end of the drilling day shift, had reached a depth of 607m.
In drill hole BRDD-20-001 substantial copper mineralisation was first intersected at a downhole depth of 110m and continues to the current hole depth of 607m. The hole is planned to continue to a total depth of 815m. If drill hole BRDD-20-001 remains mineralised at the planned total depth of 815m, then drilling will continue until the mineralisation has been drilled through. Currently drilling is advancing at a rate of 80-90m per 24-hour period.
Samples for geochemical assay will be submitted to the geochemical laboratory on a progressive basis and it is anticipated that the first samples from drill hole BRDD-20-001 will be submitted before the end of the current week.
Further information is available from the Company’s website which details the company’s project portfolio as well as a copy of this announcement: www.xtractresources.com
This announcement contains inside information for the purposes of Article 7 of EU Regulation No. 596/2014 on market abuse. The person who arranged for the release of this announcement on behalf of the Company was Colin Bird, Director.
If anyone reads this article found it useful, helpful? Then please subscribe www.share-talk.com or follow SHARE TALK on our Twitter page for future updates.
Terms of Website Use
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned