Touchstone Exploration has concluded the initial first test of five possible wells at Royston.

Touchstone Exploration Inc’s CEO, Paul Baay, remains optimistic despite the initial disappointment from one of Royston-1X well’s test sections.

According to the company’s statement, the test of the deepest and least productive section of the well showed the presence of light crude oil, but at non-commercial rates.

This was the first of potentially five production tests in Royston 1-X, and the reservoir was found to be of low permeability in that location. Nevertheless, testing will continue, with the next target being a 70-foot section to be tested independently, and the test is expected to begin in late May.

Baay expressed encouragement at the successful confirmation of light oil in the subthrust sheet during the initial test, which validates the internal wireline log analysis. He emphasized the importance of the test results and crude oil analysis in determining the extent of the hydrocarbon column penetrated by the wellbore, and the value of the baseline information for evaluating log data and defining future testing intervals.

The upcoming production tests will focus on uphole zones with a focus on productive capability and ultimate development potential, and each test will be performed independently. Touchstone Exploration anticipates several months of testing upon the commencement of the second test and will update the market as soon as results become available.

Touchstone has an 80 percent operating working interest in the well, which is located on the Ortoire block onshore in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. Heritage Petroleum Company Limited holds the remaining 20 percent working interest

Linking Shareholders and Executives :Share Talk

If anyone reads this article found it useful, helpful? Then please subscribe or follow SHARE TALK on our Twitter page for future updates. Terms of Website Use All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned

Weekly Newsletter

Sign up to receive exclusive stock market content in your inbox, once a week.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.