Oil price stable as cutbacks extended
MFIDII exempt information see disclaimer below
- JKX Oil & Gas (JKX): Drilling Result
- i3 Energy (I3E):
- Independent Oil & Gas (IOG): Operational Update
- Reabold Resources (RBD): Equity Raise
- Crude prices stable as OPEC/Russia confirms extension of cutbacks, will continue with a reduction of 1.2 million bopd for an additional six to nine months
Oil US$65.2/bbl vs US$66.7/bbl yesterday
Natural Gas US$2.288/mmbtu vs US$2.310/mmbtu yesterday
JKX Oil & Gas (JKX): Drilling Result
- Long-running Well 5 Sidetrack on the Koshekhablskoye gas field in Russia has been completed and is currently producing over 1,000 boepd
- Rig has relocated to Well 18 which will be the second of three consecutive workovers on the field
Conclusion: Looks like a good flow rate from Well 5, about time as the well-encountered problems
Union Jack Oil (UJO)*: Oversubscribed Placing
- Union Jack Oil has completed an oversubscribed placing to raise £2.25 million at 0.17 pence per share, a small premium to yesterday’s closing price
- The cash will be usedto fund an extended well test (EWT) on the recently announced successful West Newton-2 appraisal well in which UJO is earning a 16.7% interest by paying 25% of the cost of the well and testing
- The EWT in Q3-2019 will be expanded to test the liquid and/or gas intervals evident in the well, which the company believes could be transformational for Union Jack and its shareholders
Conclusion: A sensible raise given the recent success with the West Newton-2 appraisal well, with a positive result from the planned EWT being a potential game-changer for the company
*SP Angel acts as Nomad and Broker to Union Jack Oil
Igas (IGAS): Ellesmere Port Appeal
- Ellesmere Port appeal which was to be determined by a Government appointed Planning Inspector is now going to be decided by the Secretary of State
- Intervention due to the potential development of UK onshore shale gas being of major importance having more than local significance
- Appeal goes back to January 2018 when Cheshire West and Chester council’s Planning and Licensing Committee refused planning consent for routine tests on the Ellesmere Port-1 well
Conclusion: Potentially good news for Igas as the importance of long term shale gas development in the UK is under scrutiny
Reabold Resources (RBD): Equity Raise
- Reabold has raised £2.65 million at 1.1p/share, in line with yesterday’s closing price (and at a premium to the 90-day VWAP)
- Cash will be used for further strategic investment into its current portfolio and potentially new investments
Conclusion: Makes sense for Reabold to raise cash now, company has a 24% economic interest in the recently successful West Newton onshore UK gas appraisal well and shares are up 60% year to date
Oil & Gas Consultant:
John Meyer – 020 3470 0490
Simon Beardsmore – 020 3470 0484
Sergey Raevskiy – 020 3470 0474
James Mills – 020 3470 0496
Richard Parlons – 020 3470 0472
Jonathan Williams – 020 3470 0471
Abigail Wayne – 020 3470 0534
Rob Rees – 020 3470 0535
Prince Frederick House
35-39 Maddox Street London
*SP Angel are the No1 integrated nomad and broker by number of mining brokerage clients on AIM according to the AIM Advisers Ranking Guide (joint brokerships excluded) and No3 in oil & gas nomad clients.
+SP Angel employees may have previously held, or currently hold, shares in the companies mentioned in this note.
This note is a marketing communication and comprises non-independent research. This means it has not been prepared in accordance with the legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of its dissemination.
This note is intended only for distribution to Professional Clients and Eligible Counterparties as defined under the rules of the Financial Conduct Authority and is not directed at Retail Clients.
This note is confidential and is being supplied to you solely for your information and may not be reproduced, redistributed or passed on, directly or indirectly, to any other person or published in whole or in part, for any purpose.
This note has been issued by SP Angel Corporate Finance LLP (‘SPA’) to promote its investment services. Neither the information nor the opinions expressed herein constitutes, or is to be construed as, an offer or invitation or other solicitation or recommendation to buy or sell investments. The information contained herein is based on sources which we believe to be reliable, but we do not represent that it is wholly accurate or complete. All opinions and estimates included in this report are subject to change without notice. It is not investment advice and does not take into account the investment objectives and policies, financial position or portfolio composition of any recipient. SPA is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information. Where the subject of the research is a client company of SPA we may have shown a draft of the research (or parts of it) to the company prior to publication to check factual accuracy, soundness of assumptions etc.
Distribution of this note does not imply distribution of future notes covering the same issuers, companies or subject matter.
Where the investment is traded on AIM it should be noted that liquidity may be lower and price movements more volatile.
SPA, its partners, officers and/or employees may own or have positions in any investment(s) mentioned herein or related thereto and may, from time to time add to, or dispose of, any such investment(s).
SPA is registered in England and Wales with company number OC317049. The registered office address is Prince Frederick House, 35-39 Maddox Street, London W1S 2PP. SPA is authorised and regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and is a Member of the London Stock Exchange plc.
MiFID II – Based on our analysis we have concluded that this note may be received free of charge by any person subject to the new MiFID II rules on research unbundling pursuant to the exemptions within Article 12(3) of the MiFID II Delegated Directive and FCA COBS Rule 2.3A.19.
A full analysis is available on our website here http://www.spangel.co.uk/legal-and-regulatory-notices.html. If you have any queries, feel free to contact our Compliance Officer, Tim Jenkins (firstname.lastname@example.org).
SPA research ratings – Based on a time horizon of 12 months: Buy = Expected return of more than 15%, Hold = Expected return between -15% and +15%, Sell = Expected return of less than 15%
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned