As the earnings season for major companies winds down, there’s still a substantial lineup of events for investors to consider in the upcoming week. This includes updates from notable firms such as Compass, Kingfisher, Johnson Matthey, Virgin Money, and AO World.
Midweek, attention will turn to Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s autumn statement. Unlike last year’s mini-budget, this announcement is pivotal, especially with a general election on the horizon and potential constraints on government spending that might limit the scope of next year’s spring budget.
Additionally, the week is packed with significant macroeconomic events, including preliminary PMI surveys and the release of minutes from the US Federal Reserve. There’s also a capital markets day for IAG, the parent company of British Airways.
Monday, 20 November:
- Company Previews: Compass Group PLC (LSE:CPG) is in the spotlight, with analysts eager to see if it can maintain its strong performance, despite mixed signals from its share price.
- Other Reports:
- Trading Update: Seraphim Space Investment Trust PLC (LSE:SSIT)
- Interim Results: Big Yellow Group PLC (LSE:BYG), Ondo InsurTech PLC (LSE:ONDO), Polar Capital Holdings PLC (AIM:POLR), Thruvision Group PLC (AIM:THRU, OTC:DIGTF)
- Final Results: Compass Group PLC (LSE:CPG), Diploma PLC (LSE:DPLM)
- US Earnings: Zoom Video Communications (after market close)
- AGMs: McBride PLC (LSE:MCB), Mountview Estates PLC, Rainbow Rare Earths Ltd (LSE:RBW, OTC:RBWRF), Seraphim Space Investment Trust PLC (LSE:SSIT)
Tuesday, 21 November:
- Company Previews: AO World PLC (LSE:AO.) is showing signs of recovery since its July update. IAG, the owner of British Airways, will also hold a capital markets day event. Later, Nvidia Corporation (NASDAQ:NVDA) is set to announce its third-quarter earnings, with high expectations from investors.
- Other Reports:
- Trading Update: CRH PLC (LSE:CRH)
- Interim Results: Accsys Technologies (AIM:AXS) PLC, Caledonia Investments (LSE:CLDN) PLC, Cranswick PLC (LSE:CWK), Eckoh PLC (AIM:ECK, OTC:EKTPF), Intercede Group (AIM:IGP) PLC, Schroder Real Estate Investment Trust (LSE:SREI) Ltd, Telecom Plus PLC (LSE:TEP), Trifast (LSE:TRI) PLC, Workspace Group PLC (LSE:WKP)
- US Earnings: Baidu (pre-market), Medtronic (pre-market), HP Inc (NYSE:HPQ) (after), Nvidia Corporation (NASDAQ:NVDA) (after)
- AGMs: Berkeley Energia Ltd (LSE:BKY, ASX:BKY), Currys PLC (LSE:CURY), Custodian Property Income REIT PLC (LSE:CREI), Physiomics PLC (AIM:PYC), Trainline PLC (LSE:TRN)
- Economic Announcements: Public Sector Net Borrowing (UK), Labour Productivity (UK), Existing Home Sales (US)
Wednesday, 22 November: Company Highlights:
- The day’s focus will be on the Autumn Statement from Chancellor Jeremy Hunt, expected to bring significant news.
- Kingfisher PLC (LSE:KGF) will release its quarterly figures, following a recent drop to a 52-week low.
- Johnson Matthey PLC (LSE:JMAT) has seen its shares hit a 14-year low, with concerns over reduced demand in the automotive sector impacting its catalytic converter business.
- Crystal Amber Fund’s AGM will also draw attention, especially after CEO Richard Bernstein’s comments on potential acquisition opportunities in London.
- Trading Updates: Coats Group PLC (LSE:COA), Rotork PLC (LSE:ROR)
- Interim Results: Halfords Group PLC (LSE:HFD), Helical (LSE:HLCL) PLC, HICL Infrastructure PLC, Molten Ventures PLC (LSE:GROW), NextEnergy Solar Fund Ltd (LSE:NESF), Severn Trent PLC (LSE:SVT), Shearwater Group PLC (AIM:SWG), Speedy Hire PLC (LSE:SDY)
- Final Results: Britvic PLC (LSE:BVIC), Grainger Plc (LSE:GRI), Sage Group PLC, Ten Lifestyle Group (AIM:TENG) PLC
- US Earnings: Deere & Co (after close)
- AGMs: Celtic PLC, Crystal Amber Fund Ltd, Genus PLC (LSE:GNS), GreenX Metals Ltd (LSE:GRX, ASX:GRX), Leeds Group PLC (AIM:LDSG)
- Economic Announcements: Various UK and US economic data including CBI Industrial Trends and MBA Mortgage Applications.
Thursday, 23 November: Company Previews:
- Virgin Money UK PLC (LSE:VMUK) is set to announce its final results, which could present a mixed scenario, with possible higher share buybacks but also pressure on interest income.
- Trading Update: Intertek Group PLC (LSE:ITRK), Princess Private Equity Holdings
- Interims: Virgin Money UK PLC (LSE:VMUK)
- Finals: A range of companies including Alpha Financial Markets Consulting PLC (AIM:AFM) and FirstGroup PLC (LSE:FGP)
- AGMs: Several, including Abrdn UK Smaller Companies Growth Trust PLC and Avation PLC (LSE:AVAP)
- Economic Announcements: S&P Global/CIPS Manufacturing, Services, and Composite PMI Flash (UK)
Friday, 24 November: Company Previews:
- A relatively calm Friday, with UK consumer confidence data taking center stage, especially after a significant drop the previous month.
- Interims: Alpha Real Trust (AIM:ARTL) Ltd
- AGMs: Base Resources Ltd, Cloudbreak Discovery PLC (LSE:CDL, OTC:CDBDF), and others
- Economic Announcements: GfK Consumer Confidence (UK), S&P Global Manufacturing, Services, and Composite PMI Flash (US)
If anyone reads this article found it useful, helpful? Then please subscribe www.share-talk.com or follow SHARE TALK on our Twitter page for future updates.
Terms of Website Use
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned