Central bank rate decisions by the US Federal Reserve and the Bank of England will be spotlighted next week. Additionally, retail updates from companies like Next, Ocado, JD Sports, Kingfisher, and Dunelm are anticipated.
Other updates will include figures from Halma and insurers such as M&G and Phoenix Group.
In terms of macroeconomic events, attention will be directed to UK inflation statistics and interest rate decisions from countries like Japan, Sweden, Norway, and Turkey.
Monday, 18th September Highlights:
- Company News: Marks and Spencer Group PLC (LSE:MKS) returns to the FTSE 100 following the recent quarterly index adjustment. Discover other companies experiencing movement in the index on this day. In the fashion segment, expectations are high for the debut presentation by the new chief designer.
- Economic and Other Company Announcements on Monday:
Interim Reports: Artisanal Spirits Company PLC, Downing Renewables & Infrastructure Trust PLC (LSE:DORE), Facilities by ADF PLC (AIM:ADF), Futura Medical PLC (AIM:FUM, OTC:FAMDF), Greencoat Renewables PLC (LSE:GRP), HG Capital Trust PLC, S4 Capital PLC (LSE:SFOR), Shanta Gold
Final Reports: City of London Investment Group (AIM:CLIG) PLC, Enteq Technologies PLC (AIM:NTQ)
Tuesday, 19th September Overview:
- Company Highlights: Investors of Marks and Spencer Group PLC (LSE:MKS) will be keenly awaiting Tuesday’s update on Ocado Retail. This joint enterprise with Ocado Group PLC (LSE:OCDO) recently turned profitable and has embarked on a series of price reductions in the past few months. Another focal point in the retail sector will be Kingfisher PLC, the owner of B&Q, which is poised to unveil its interim results showcasing a steady performance.
- Economic and Other Company Announcements on Tuesday:
Interim Reports: Alliance Pharma PLC, Billington Holdings Plc, Boot (Henry) PLC, Concurrent Technologies PLC, CPP Group PLC, DP Eurasia NV, Fintel PLC, Good Energy Group PLC, Jadestone Energy PLC, Maintel Holdings PLC, MyHealthChecked PLC, Northcoders Group PLC, Serica Energy PLC, Surgical Innovations Group PLC, Team17 Group PLC, Trustpilot Group PLC, Xaar PLC
Final Reports: Eagle Eye Solutions Group PLC, Hargreaves Lansdown PLC, Litigation Capital Management Limited, McBride PLC, Naked Wines PLC
US Earnings: AutoZone
Annual General Meetings (AGMs): Aston Martin Lagonda Global Holdings PLC, Augmentum Fintech PLC, Beacon Rise Holdings PLC, Begbies Traynor Group PLC, Chill Brands Group PLC, DP Aircraft I Limited, Great Southern Copper PLC, Moonpig Group PLC, Oxford Instruments PLC, ProCook Group PLC, SRT Marine Systems PLC, Unicorn Mineral Resources PLC, Utilico Emerging Markets Trust PLC
Economic Updates: Building Permits and Housing Starts from the US.
Wednesday, 20th September Overview:
- Economic Highlights: All eyes will be on the US Federal Reserve on Wednesday. Although they are anticipated to maintain the current interest rates (which were raised to a 22-year peak in July), analysts are eager to decipher any hints from Jerome Powell about possible rate hikes in the future.
- Company Highlights: The spotlight in corporate news shines on Dunelm Group PLC (LSE:DNLM). The key interest in their final results will revolve around their projections and commentary for the ongoing year.
- Economic and Other Company Announcements on Wednesday:
Interim Reports: Advanced Medical Solutions Group PLC, Destiny Pharma Holdings PLC, Epwin Group PLC, GENinCode PLC, HydrogenOne Capital Growth PLC, Judges Scientific PLC, M&G PLC, Oxford Biomedica PLC, Round Hill Music Royalty Fund PLC, Ten Entertainment Group PLC, Warpaint London PLC
Final Reports: Dunelm Group PLC, Galliford Try Holdings PLC, Supermarket Income REIT PLC, Transense Technologies PLC
US Earnings: FedEx, General Mills
Annual General Meetings (AGMs): Accsys Technologies PLC, Foresight Solar & Technology VCT PLC, Frasers Group PLC, Games Workshop Group PLC, IG Group Holdings Plc, Ilika PLC, Migo Opportunities Trust PLC, Seed Innovations Limited, STS Global Income & Growth Trust PLC
Economic Updates: UK’s Inflation data (including CPI, PPI, and RPI), Public Sector Net Borrowing for the UK, US Federal Reserve Policy Decision, MBA Mortgage Applications in the US, and US Crude Oil Inventories.
Thursday, 21st September Overview:
- Economic Highlights: The Bank of England is gearing up for its 15th rate hike in the ongoing cycle. However, the focal point will be on indications that this might be the concluding hike for some time.
- Company Highlights: After recently upgrading its profit outlook, Next PLC (LSE:NXT) is anticipated to capture investors’ admiration with its half-yearly results. JD Sports Fashion PLC (LSE:JD.), contrasting its FTSE 100 counterpart, is generating curiosity on the extent of its involvement in the recent shoplifting surge reported across high streets in the US and UK. On a different note, Halma’s acquisition activities might be scrutinized during its quarterly review.
- Economic and Other Company Announcements on Thursday:
Trading Updates: Halma PLC, Investec PLC
Interim Reports: Aquis Exchange Limited, Chesnara PLC, City Pub Group PLC, Corero Network Security PLC, Gemfields Group Limited, James Fisher & Sons PLC, JD Sports Fashion PLC, Life Science REIT PLC, Next PLC, Octopus Renewables Infrastructure Trust PLC, Strix Group PLC
Final Reports: CVS Group PLC, DFS Furniture PLC, Fonix Mobile PLC, Life Science REIT PLC
US Earnings: Arrival SA, Darden Restaurants
Annual and Extraordinary General Meetings: Artemis Alpha Trust PLC, Ascent Resources PLC, Kore Potash PLC, Kropz PLC, Molecular Energies PLC, Intercede Group PLC, Invesco Asia Trust PLC, Kainos Group PLC, Liontrust Asset Management PLC, Mercia Asset Management PLC, Sosandar PLC, Van Elle PLC
Economic Updates: UK’s BoE Interest Rate Decision, US’s Continuing Claims, Current Account, Initial Jobless Claims, Philadelphia Fed Index, and Existing Home Sales.
Friday, 22nd September Overview:
- Company and Economic Announcements:
Interim Reports: First Tin PLC, T42 Lot Tracking Solutions Plc
Final Reports: Stranger Holdings PLC
Annual General Meetings: B&M European Value Retail SA, TI Fluid Systems PLC
Economic Updates: GFK Consumer Confidence and Retail Sales for the UK, and Bank of Japan’s policy decision.
If anyone reads this article found it useful, helpful? Then please subscribe www.share-talk.com or follow SHARE TALK on our Twitter page for future updates.
Terms of Website Use
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned