We caught up with David Price, CEO of Rockfire Resources, to talk about the recent RNS released on the Plateau Gold Deposit.
Rockfire Resources plc (LON: ROCK), the gold and base-metal focused explorer, is pleased to announce that drilling has commenced to expand gold mineralisation encountered in hole BPL025, at the Company’s 100%-owned Plateau Gold Deposit in Queensland, Australia.
As announced on 26 November 2019, hole BPL025 intersected 177 m @ 0.5 g/t Au. This drilling program will also aim to extend the near-surface gold resources at Plateau in north Queensland, Australia.
· Reverse Circulation (RC) drilling now in progress, with a planned program of 1,500 m of drilling in 13 proposed drill holes
· The drill program has two objectives:
o Exploration at depths of around 250 m below surface
o Extension and infilling of near-surface resources (< 80 m deep)
· Geophysical anomaly to be tested by drilling two holes, 50 m and 150 m respectively, east of hole BPL025
· The drill program is expected to take approximately 15 days to complete, with gold analyses to follow the completion of drilling
· Geological mapping and rock chip sampling is also underway at Plateau
· Multi-element X-ray Florescence (XRF) analysis of drill chips from samples collected in October 2019 is nearing completion
David Price, Chief Executive Officer of Rockfire, commented:
“This current drill program is a very exciting one, as we are testing at depth to the east of hole BPL025, which was a very successful hole. Success with this follow-up drilling will demonstrate significant extension of this deep gold mineralisation in an east-west orientation.”
“A second aim of the current program is to expand and build greater confidence in the gold mineralisation at our near-surface JORC resource, in an effort to define an open cut resource, 80m from surface.”
“We are fortunate to get underway with drilling at this time of the year, as the usual wet season in northern Australia has not yet arrived and we intend to make the most of this window of good weather. Geological mapping, rock sampling and XRF analysis of drill samples from October 2019 drilling is in progress and the Company expects results from this analysis within the next few weeks. We will keep the market informed of our progress.”
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned