Drilling results boost open pit potential at Plateau
Rockfire Resources plc (LON: ROCK), the gold and base-metal explorer, is pleased to announce that results from resource infill drilling at the Company’s 100%-owned Plateau Gold Deposit in Queensland, Australia have returned consistent gold grades and widths.
These excellent results bolster the Company’s ambition to define a high-confidence open pit gold resource.
Resource Infill holes:
· New results include an individual intercept of 1 m @ 8.0 g/t Au in hole BPL020;
· 30 m @ 1.2 g/t Au, including 9 m @ 3.1 g/t Au (from 39 m), in hole BPL020;
· 18 m @ 1.3 g/t Au, including 4 m @ 3.3 g/t Au (from 14 m), in hole BPL021;
· 22 m @ 1.0 g/t Au, including 5 m @ 2.7 g/t Au (from 22 m), in hole BPL022;
· 15 m @ 1.1 g/t Au, including 6 m @ 2.0 g/t Au (from 9 m), in hole BPL018;
· 20 m @ 0.5 g/t Au, including 9 m @ 1.0 g/t Au (from 12 m), in hole BPL023;
· 15 m @ 0.5 g/t Au, including 3 m @ 1.0 g/t Au (from surface), in hole BPL017;
· BPL024 (an exploration hole), returned 40 m @ 0.20 g/t Au from surface, providing further evidence for bulk-tonnage, open cut opportunity;
· The Company is awaiting the results from the final two drill holes (BPL012 and BPL019), which were drilled beneath the resource to determine if gold mineralisation can be tracked at depth.
Please refer to the following link to view the drill hole locations.
David Price, Chief Executive Officer of Rockfire, commented:
“These near-surface infill gold results start to build confidence that an open pit gold resource may be realised at Plateau and management is very happy with the progress of work at Plateau and the results being achieved.”
“In this section of Plateau, the rhyolite and associated breccia, both of which host gold, are becoming better defined with each hole drilled. Further exploration is required to determine if gold continues beyond the 400 m strike already known to contain gold.”
“Results from the final two drill holes are awaited from the laboratory. These holes were drilled deeper (81 m and 87 m), beneath the gold resource to determine if gold persists at depth. The market will be informed once these results are received from the laboratory”.
Plateau October 2019 drilling collar file
Qualified Person Statement:
Information in this announcement that relates to exploration results is based on information compiled by Mr David Price, a Director of Rockfire Resources plc, who is a Fellow of the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (FAusIMM). Mr Price has sufficient experience relevant to the style of mineralisation and type of deposit under consideration and to the activity which has been undertaken to qualify as a Competent Person as defined by the 2012 Edition of the Australasian Code for Reporting of Exploration Results, Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves (the JORC Code) and under the AIM Rules – Note for Mining and Oil & Gas Companies. Mr Price consents to the inclusion in the announcement of the matters based on their information in the form and context in which it appears.
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned