Further to the announcement on 26 November 2019, Rockfire Resources plc (LON: ROCK), the gold and base-metal explorer, is pleased to announce that drilling of a new breccia zone (‘Central Breccia’) has discovered high-grade, near-surface gold, 120m east of drill hole BPL025 which returned 177 m @ 0.5 g/t Au.
The Central Breccia was identified from mapping and sampling by Rockfire geologists. The Company believes this new mineralised zone forms part of the near-surface expression of the large gold system encountered by the BPL025 drill hole.
· The newly identified zone includes an intercept of 1m @ 21.7 g/t Au, which is the highest gold grade encountered in drilling at Plateau;
· BPL013 intercepted an outstanding 6m @ 4.1 g/t Au (from 27 m) within a broader interval of 16m @ 1.7 g/t Au;
· BPL014 returned a similarly pleasing 12m @ 1.2 g/t Au (from 12 m) within a broader zone of: 26m @ 0.7 g/t Au;
· This Central Breccia is not currently included in Rockfire’s Maiden Resource of 41,000 ounces of gold estimated in July 2019;
· A geophysical survey which is designed to detect anomalies to depths of ~500m below surface has recently been completed at Plateau. The raw results are currently being processed;
· The Company is awaiting the results from a further 11 shallow exploration/resource-infill/resource-extension drill holes from the October 2019 drill program. Further announcements will be made once these results are received from the laboratory.
Please refer to the following link to view the drill hole locations. http://www.rns-pdf.londonstockexchange.com/rns/5232V_1-2019-12-3.pdf
David Price, Chief Executive Officer of Rockfire, commented:
“These results represent a new discovery which was identified by our exploration team. Previous explorers had drilled nearby but missed the high-grade breccia. We are starting to get a better understanding of the geology of this zone and the more we learn from each drill hole, the higher our drilling success rate becomes”.
“These holes are interpreted to represent the near-surface expression of the large gold system encountered at depth in hole BPL025. Importantly, these holes extend the mineralised target zone by another 120m towards the east. It is our expectation that the geophysics recently completed at Plateau may highlight potential for a “sweet spot” with higher average grades at depth.”
Full update LINK
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned