Chief Executive Officer of Rockfire, David Price commented: The Homeward Bound Prospect comprises 17 historical gold shafts and pits.
The recent drilling only tested beneath one of the old workings at Homeward Bound and intersected gold (+/- copper)-bearing veins at very shallow depths. The Marengo licence incorporates an entire goldfield and future work at Marengo will focus on the numerous historical workings, including more than 30 historical prospects within a 5 square km area.
“The blind, chargeable geophysical anomaly at One Mile Mountain and northeast of One Mile Mountain do not host significant gold or copper. Importantly, this conclusion has been reached rapidly and at minimal cost to the company. This enables our systematic exploration programs to zero-in on the most prospective targets and test them accordingly. Rockfire has a large portfolio of prospects and this strategy demonstrates our conviction that discovery is only delivered from the drill bit. We will continue to drill our targets in a systematic, thorough and swift manner.”
“Our immediate focus is on a 19-hole drilling program at Double Event, which is expected to commence before the end of October. An IP geophysics survey at Copperhead, is expected to start in November. We look forward to providing further results to our shareholders as exploration progresses. ”
The Board of Rockfire Resources plc (LON: ROCK) announces results from the Company’s inaugural RC drilling program at Marengo, Queensland. Results from shallow holes drilled beneath historical workings include:
· 4m @ 2.1 g/t Au; including 1m @ 7.8 g/t Au and 3 g/t Ag (from 11m vertical);
· 5m @ 0.5 g/t Au; including 1m @ 1.9 g/t Au and 1 g/t Ag (from 27m vertical);
· 1m @ 1.2 g/t Au and 1 g/t Ag (from 18m vertical);
· 1m @ 1.6 g/t Au (from 33m vertical);
· The blind geophysical anomalies beneath and to the northeast of One Mile Mountain contain up to 1-2% pyrite, but host no significant gold or copper in the two holes drilled;
· Future work at Marengo will focus on exploring the additional 16 historical workings at the Homeward Bound Prospect, as well as more than 30 prospects throughout the entire Marengo Goldfield;
· A 19-hole RC drilling program at Double Event (Lighthouse) is planned for October/November;
· An IP geophysical survey at Copperhead is planned for November;
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned