Reabold Resources Plc (LSE AIM:RBD) is delighted to announce that it has signed an agreement with Danube Petroleum Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of ASX listed ADX Energy Ltd, (ASX:ADX) to invest a total of £1.5 million for a 29 per cent. interest (“the investment”) in Danube Petroleum Limited (“Danube”). Danube is a newly-formed UK private oil and gas company, which upon completion of the transaction, will hold a 50 per cent. interest in the high impact Parta licence (“Parta”), onshore Romania, and a 100% interest in a low-risk appraisal campaign within Parta, comprising of two wells planned in H2 2018 to test 33 BCF prospective and contingent resources.
Highlights – Danube Petroleum Limited’s “Parta” Project:
· Parta licence is situated onshore, within a proven and stable hydrocarbon region that benefits from low drilling and operating costs
· The two well Parta appraisal programme will redrill 1980s gas discoveries, including one that flowed gas to surface
· Recently acquired 3D seismic data has delineated considerable untapped gas resources of 33 BCF gross in the primary reservoir targets, with additional upside in other horizons
· Onshore Romania requires very low capital expenditure with nearby infrastructure, which will ensure fast payback following first gas
· Economics are highly attractive based on current gas prices of $6.2/mbtu and the Parta licence is considered profitable at substantially lower gas prices
· The Parta licence includes additional exploration and appraisal upside on the block with the potential for further total un-risked gross prospective resources of approximately 300 BCF of gas and 45 MMbbl of oil respectively identified on existing 2D seismic
· Danube Petroleum Limited gives Reabold a foothold in Eastern Europe, providing the Company the opportunity to consolidate other licences in the area
The investment, which includes the right for Reabold to appoint a director to the Board of Danube, will be formed of an initial 375,940 new shares issued upon completion of the transaction at 1 GBP per share. This will be followed by a further 1,127,819 new shares to be issued upon submission of an Authorisation for Expenditure for the first appraisal well at 1 GBP per share. Reabold has an option of a further 375,940 shares in Danube at 1 GBP per share, which can be actioned at the discretion of the Company within 6 months after completion of the transaction.
The 33 BCF of prospective and contingent resource Parta appraisal project (“Parta”) will consist of two low-cost appraisal wells, planned for drilling in 2018. The directors, based on financial modelling of the prospective resources of the Parta appraisal project, estimate an NPV (10) in the success case of up to $86 million gross for a multi-well development across the two appraisal projects.
Stephen Williams Co-CEO of Reabold, commented:
“We are delighted by today’s announcement, which is the second investment in line with Reabold’s strategy. The investment into the Parta licence gives Reabold a foothold into the prolific eastern European onshore oil and gas space, giving the Company the opportunity to consolidate other licences in the area.”
Sachin Oza, Co-CEO of Reabold, commented:
“We are highly encouraged by the success we have had so far in the implementation of our strategy to invest in low-risk, high impact upstream oil and gas projects. With a portfolio that now contains the Parta and Colter appraisal campaigns drilling in 2018, and with a number of other projects currently under review, Reabold shareholders can look forward to an exciting 2018.”
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned