Power Metal Resources plc (LON:POW) the AIM listed metals exploration and development company is pleased to announce an update from its Australian gold joint venture (“JV”) company Red Rock Australasia Pty Ltd (“RRAL”) in which POW has a 49.9% interest.
· RRAL has applied for four additional gold exploration license areas totalling 916 sq km in the Central Victoria Goldfields of Australia.
· The applications double RRAL’s landholding position to 1,835 sq km and will make it one of the largest tenement holders in the Goldfields.
· The combined applications now cover a 100 km North-South stretch of contiguous tenements centred on the great mining town of Ballarat following historic mining centres and extensive evidence of gold mineralisation throughout.
· The applications also cover ground to the West along the structural boundary between the Bendigo Zone and the Stawell Zone further West, including ground near another old mining centre, Avoca.
· Finally the applications now cover a conceptual target area along the structural boundary between the Bendigo Zone and the Melbourne Zone to its East where RRAL has as its near neighbour on both sides the recently listed Canadian explorer Fosterville South Exploration Limited (TSX-V:FSX).
Paul Johnson Chief Executive Officer of Power Metal Resources plc commented:
“The JV company RRAL has secured one of the largest strategic footprints in one of the most sought-after gold exploration territories. This has been achieved partly through longstanding preparations in the background that yielded the early licence applications and then by proactive search and expedient action when new opportunities were identified.
At this stage, RRAL needs to formally document and analyse in detail the historical gold production and evidence of gold mineralisation across the licence areas. Further updates will be provided detailing the outcome of this work, by property, in the near future.”
RRAL has now lodged applications for EL007327, EL007328, EL007329, and EL007330, four new gold exploration license areas covering an additional 916 sq km in the Victoria Goldfields of Australia.
In total the JV license application areas of RRAL in Victoria now cover 1,835 sq km which gives it a significant presence in the Goldfields area:
Readers wishing to view the current application footprint may do so through the following link to the POW website: https://www.powermetalresources.com/p/207/rrraustralasia-gold-project-footprint
The information contained within this announcement is considered to be inside information prior to its release, as defined in Article 7 of the Market Abuse Regulation No.596/2014 and is disclosed in accordance with the Company’s obligations under Article 17 of those Regulations.
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned