FOR THE SIX MONTHS ENDED 30 SEPTEMBER 2021
Omega (AIM: ODX), the specialist medical diagnostics company focused on industry-leading Global Health (CD4 and COVID-19) and Health and Nutrition products, announces its unaudited interim results for the six months ended 30 September 2021.
Omega has substantial growth opportunities in the areas of Food Sensitivity, CD4 testing for the management of people living with HIV, and COVID-19 antibody and antigen testing and provides high quality in-vitro diagnostics products for use in hospitals, clinics, laboratories and healthcare practices in over 75 countries.
· Revenue increased by 81% to £5.73m (H1 ’20: £3.16m)
- Health and Nutrition sales up 62% to £4.17m (H1 ’20: £2.58m)
- Global Health revenue up 170% to £1.56m (H1 ’20: £0.58m)
· Gross margin decreased to 34.4% (H1 ’20: 42.9%) caused by increased direct labour in anticipation of DHSC COVID-19 contract work
· Statutory loss for the period of £2.75m (H1 ’20: £0.28m)
· Adjusted EBITDA loss1 of £2.45m (H1 ’20: loss of £1.29m)
· Adjusted loss per share1 of 1.3p (H1 ’20: 0.1p)
· Cash balance of £4.7m (H1 ’20: £7.0m)
1 Adjusted for exceptional items, amortisation of intangible assets and share based payment charges
· Health & Nutrition sales returned to pre-COVID levels
- Growth from China and US expected to materialise from FY ’23, with planned re-location to purpose-built Ely facility to support demand
· Excellent clinical performance and feedback for CD4 test, growing momentum for implementation programme
- Production scale up underway, targeting 4-6m test per annum in 3-5 years
- Shift in focus for COVID-19 test manufacture to support commercial market opportunity
- No test to manufacture under DHSC contract, but remain in dialogue for commercial use of equipment
- DAM Health contract signed for professional COVID-19 antigen test, and good progress with other potential collaborations
- Self-test CE-Marking making good progress, with other regulatory approval processes ongoing
Regarding outlook, Simon Douglas, Chairman, said: “We are confident that revenues in the second half will see significant growth in Health & Nutrition and for our CD4 product, and while COVID-19 revenues remain extremely difficult to predict they are expected to be more reliant on commercial partnerships than UK Government supply opportunities and are impacted by the timing of pending regulatory approvals being granted. Overall, we expect to see an improved sales performance across the Group for the full year and to see losses reduced in the second half.”
Colin King, CEO, and Chris Lea, CFO, will provide a live presentation relating to the Interim Results via the Investor Meet Company platform today at 4:30pm GMT. The presentation is open to all existing and potential shareholders.
Investors can sign up to Investor Meet Company for free and add to meet OMEGA DIAGNOSTICS GROUP PLC via:
The investor presentation will be available later this morning on the Company website:
The information communicated in this announcement is inside information for the purposes of Article 7 of EU Regulation 596/2014.
Omega Diagnostics Group PLC
Colin King, Chief Executive
via Walbrook PR
Chris Lea, Chief Financial Officer
If anyone reads this article found it useful, helpful? Then please subscribe www.share-talk.com or follow SHARE TALK on our Twitter page for future updates.
Terms of Website Use
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned