N4 Pharma Plc (AIM: N4P), the specialist pharmaceutical company developing Nuvec®, a novel delivery system for cancer treatments and vaccines, is pleased to announce its audited results for the year ended 31 December 2021.
· Following extensive in vivo work and the commencement of Material Transfer Agreements (“MTAs”) in 2021 N4 Pharma has a clear focus in 2022 as to where best to deploy resources in the short term
· Positive findings from the evaluation studies looking at the potential of Nuvec® as a nano-carrier of a DNA plasmid expressing TNFalpha
· Commenced work with Medicines Discovery Catapult to extend the observations to allow it to identify suitable loads to add to Nuvec® to take to clinic
· In the process of identifying alternatives to TNF as immunomodulators or gene therapy which may use Nuvec® as a delivery system
· Commenced working with MTA partners assessing how Nuvec® may enhance their proprietary technologies
· Granting of (or notice of intention to grant) patents now in Europe, Australia, Japan, China and in January of this year the critical market of the US
· Operating loss for the period was £ 1,843,290 (2020: £ 1,564,421 )
· Cash balance at period end of approximately £1.8m
Nigel Theobald, Chief Executive Officer of the Company, commented: “Following our most extensive in vivo work to date and having worked with MTA partners in 2021 we have a clear focus in 2022 as to where best to deploy our R&D resources in the short term. As a result of the positive findings from the evaluation studies looking at the potential of Nuvec® as a nano-carrier of a DNA plasmid expressing TNFalpha, which demonstrated a significant inhibition of tumour growth derived from a human cell line, the Company has commenced work with Medicines Discovery Catapult to extend the observations to allow us to identify suitable loads to add to Nuvec® to take to clinic.
‘We felt from the outset it could be a pivotal year for the Company and believe it has proved to be so. On the back of increased data and results we are now in a position to narrow our R&D focus onto the hugely exciting oncology and gene therapy market. In parallel, we will continue to seek further MTA partners to work with us and assess how Nuvec® may enhance their proprietary technologies. Whilst we are not there yet and it will be results driven, our path to the commercialisation of Nuvec® is clearer now than perhaps at any time previously.”
The information contained within this announcement is deemed by the Company to constitute inside information as stipulated under the Market Abuse Regulations (EU) No. 596/2014 which has been incorporated into UK law by the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018.
N4 Pharma Plc
Nigel Theobald, CEO
Luke Cairns, Executive Director
If anyone reads this article found it useful, helpful? Then please subscribe www.share-talk.com or follow SHARE TALK on our Twitter page for future updates.
Terms of Website Use
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned