She ruled for longer than any other British monarch & was known throughout her reign for her dedication, leadership and service to the UK.
We express our heartfelt condolences to the Royal Family at this sorrowful time
The UK commemorates the late monarch with a bank holiday, and many businesses have decided to close so that employees can pay their respects. Here’s how the day will proceed:
- 6:30 am The Queen’s lying-in-state ends, and the coffin begins its procession from Westminster Hall to Westminster Abbey for the funeral.
- 11 am The service begins, led by Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby.
- 12 pm: A national two-minute silence in memory of the Queen.
- After the funeral ends, the Queen’s coffin travels in procession to Wellington Arch, before continuing on to Windsor.
- Finally, in a private committal service, the Queen is laid to rest in St George’s Chapel in Windsor.
The eyes of the world will be on Westminster Abbey for the funeral of the Queen but her burial is to be a private affair at her beloved home in Windsor.
If anyone reads this article found it useful, helpful? Then please subscribe www.share-talk.com or follow SHARE TALK on our Twitter page for future updates.
Terms of Website Use
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned