Greatland Gold sees more high grades as Havieron Drilling intercepts significant zones of gold and copper mineralisation

Greatland Gold and Newcrest, its partner, have announced further high-grade intercepts from their drilling campaign at the Havieron mine located in Paterson, Western Australia.

The in-fill drilling continues to confirm the high grades found in the initial discovery zone, as reported by Greatland. Meanwhile, holes outside the zone at the Eastern Breccia also recorded thick gold intercepts, albeit at deeper levels.

Among the most promising recent results were 54 meters of gold at a grade of 8.5 g/t from 1,421 meters within the original SE Crescent discovery zone, and 31 meters at 4.9 g/t from 1,635 meters at Eastern Breccia.



Newcrest, which owns 70% of the Havieron mine, with Greatland owning the remaining 30%, stated that mine development is progressing well, with the primary decline now at a depth of 1,600 meters and development tunnels extending over 2,225 meters.

Shaun Day, Greatland’s Managing Director, expressed his satisfaction with the team’s progress and the strong drilling results. He stated that recent drilling activities highlight the high-grade nature of the SE Crescent zone and that drilling has uncovered high-grade intercepts outside of the present mine plan.

Newcrest reported that the current growth/step-out drilling campaign is complete, with the results to be utilized to support an ongoing mineral resource assessment. Infill drilling, which is presently targeting the lower SE Crescent zone, is anticipated to be finished in the June 2023 quarter. Once appropriate access is established, subsequent drilling will take advantage of underground drilling platforms, according to the statement.

Linking Shareholders and Executives :Share Talk

If anyone reads this article found it useful, helpful? Then please subscribe or follow SHARE TALK on our Twitter page for future updates. Terms of Website Use All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned

Weekly Newsletter

Sign up to receive exclusive stock market content in your inbox, once a week.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.