We catch up with Gervaise Heddle, CEO of Greatland Gold plc, to learn more about the recent update to the exploration at Havieron.
Havieron grows in scale as drilling extends strike length of high-grade mineralisation
Greatland Gold plc (AIM: GGP), the precious and base metals exploration and development company, is pleased to provide an update on Newcrest’s drilling campaign at Greatland’s 100% owned Havieron deposit in the Paterson region of Western Australia.
Greatland notes the release of an ASX announcement titled “Newcrest Quarterly Exploration Report” by Newcrest Mining Ltd (“Newcrest”) earlier today. The Newcrest announcement includes results for drill holes released mid-quarter by Newcrest and Greatland (see announcement dated 2 December 2019), and confirms that a total of 18 holes for 18,888 metres of drilling was completed during the quarter ending 31 December 2019.
· Drilling has continued to expand the extent of mineralisation and demonstrates continuity of mineralisation over 450m of strike, up to 150m wide, and in excess of 600m in vertical extent.
· Mineralisation remains open to the north-west and at depth.
· Newcrest’s Managing Director and CEO, Sandeep Biswas: “The grades we are seeing are unique for this region and we are excited to progress and accelerate our evaluation of this opportunity”.
Best new results (not previously reported on 2 December 2019):
· HAD034: 136m @ 2.9g/t Au, 0.6% Cu from 504m, including
· 43.5m @ 6.1g/t Au, 1.2% Cu from 577.9m
· HAD036: 73m @ 3.2g/t Au, 0.67% Cu from 513m, including
· 24.8m @ 7.2g/t Au, 1.6% Cu from 525m
· Drilling has recommenced following a short break over the Christmas period, with six rigs now operational and an expanded 90 person camp on site.
· An additional 20,000 to 30,000 metres of drilling is planned in the next two quarters to support the potential delivery of a maiden resource by the end of the calendar year 2020.
· A number of environmental, geotechnical and metallurgical studies have commenced to support the potential delivery of a resource and future permitting requirements.
Gervaise Heddle, Chief Executive Officer of Greatland Gold plc, commented: “We are delighted that Newcrest’s drilling campaign has continued to return outstanding results which further expand the extent of mineralisation at Havieron. The true scale of Havieron is beginning to emerge, with continuity of mineralisation observed over 450 metres of strike, and mineralisation still open to the north-west and at depth. These latest drill results and the initially observed dimensions of the deposit provide further evidence that Havieron represents a significant gold-copper discovery.
“With 20,000-30,000 metres of drilling planned in the next two quarters alone, the maiden resource at Havieron is now in sight and we expect to reach this major milestone before the end of the year. In the meantime, we expect additional step-out drilling to further extend the known mineralisation of the project.”
Full update www.share-talk.co.uk
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned