Newcrest reports further excellent drilling results from Havieron, including the best intercept to date, 120.7m @ 9.3g/t Au and 0.18% Cu from 1349.3m (HAD065W2)
Greatland Gold plc (AIM:GGP), the precious and base metals exploration and development company, is pleased to provide an update on Newcrest’s drilling campaign at Greatland’s Havieron deposit in the Paterson region of Western Australia. The Company notes the release of an ASX announcement titled ” Newcrest Quarterly Exploration Report” by Newcrest Mining Ltd (“Newcrest”) earlier today.
At Havieron, exploration activities have focused on an infill drilling programme to support the estimation of an initial Inferred Mineral Resource from the South East Crescent and adjacent breccia, expected in the December 2020 quarter, together with step out drilling to define the extents and growth potential of the Havieron mineralised system. Drilling since May 2019 has outlined an ovoid shaped zone of variable brecciation, alteration and sulphide mineralisation with dimensions of 650m x 350m trending in a north west orientation. Breccia mineralisation was initially identified internal to the Crescent sulphide zone but most recently has also been recognised external to the Crescent sulphide zone on the east, north-west and south-east.
At this stage, exploration has identified four key target regions, which are:
· South East Crescent and Breccia
· North West Crescent
· Northern Breccia
· Eastern Breccia
· Best Intercept to Date: Latest drilling results have returned the best intercept to date at Havieron from infill drilling (HAD065W2, South East Crescent Zone):
· 120.7m @ 9.3g/t Au and 0.18% Cu from 1349.3m, including 26.6m @ 34g/t Au and 0.23% Cu from 1384.4m
· New Eastern Breccia Zone: A potential new fourth target area, the “Eastern Breccia”, has been identified by growth drilling from two drill holes, including 342.2m @ 2.0g/t Au, 0.11% Cu from 1536.8m (HAD084) . Encouragingly, the new Eastern Breccia highlights the potential for a new region of breccia development not previously recognised and extends mineralisation externally to the ovoid-shaped Crescent sulphide zone.
· Initial Mineral Resource on Track: Further excellent results from infill drilling support the estimation of an initial Inferred Mineral Resource for Havieron in the December quarter from the South East Crescent and adjacent breccia mineralisation.
Best New Results (not previously reported)
· HAD057W5 (SE Crescent and Breccia Zone): 212m @ 2.0g/t Au, 0.11% Cu from 981m, including
· 30.2m @ 5.6g/t Au, 0.17% Cu from 1115m
· HAD065W2 (SE Crescent and Breccia Zone): 120.7m @ 9.3g/t Au, 0.18% Cu from 1349.3m, including
· 26.6m @ 34g/t Au, 0.23% Cu from 1384.4m
· HAD083 (Northern Breccia Zone): 183.7m @ 1.8g/t Au, 0.18% Cu from 1098m, including
· 17.2m @ 8.8g/t Au, 0.47% Cu from 1165.2m
· HAD083 (Eastern Breccia Zone): 134m @ 1.4g/t Au, 0.04% Cu from 1529m
· HAD083 (Eastern Breccia Zone): 98.2m @ 1.9g/t Au and 0.14% Cu from 1677m, including
· 41.1m @ 3.7g/t Au, 0.1% Cu from 1723.9m
· HAD084 (Eastern Breccia Zone) : 342.2m @ 2.0g/t Au, 0.11% Cu from 1536.8m, including
· 14m @ 19g/t Au, 0.2% Cu from 1572m
· HAD089 (Northern Breccia Zone): 91m @ 1.6g/t Au, 0.21% Cu from 697m
· HAD089 (NW Crescent Zone): 116m @ 2.9g/t Au, 0.07% Cu from 1136m, including
· 13m @ 13g/t Au, 0.17% Cu from 1136m
· Exploration programmes at Havieron continue, with both infill drilling to deliver an initial Inferred Mineral Resource and step out drilling to define the extent of the mineralised system.
· Latest drill results provide additional support to the ongoing investigation of both high-grade selective and bulk mining methods.
· Environmental and baseline studies progressing to support potential commencement of decline at Havieron by end of calendar year 2020 or early 2021, subject to market and operating conditions and receipt of all necessary permits, consents and approvals.
· Continuing to investigate potential to achieve commercial production within two to three years from commencement of decline.
Gervaise Heddle, Chief Executive Officer of Greatland Gold plc, commented: “We are delighted by the latest set of excellent drilling results at Havieron, including the best intercept at the project to date , which further reinforce the potential for a bulk tonnage mining operation at Havieron. Exploration at Havieron has now identified four key target regions, including the new Eastern Breccia, which was identified by two of the step-out drill holes reported today. Importantly, the footprint of Havieron continues to expand and breccia mineralisation has now been identified outside of the ovoid-shaped Crescent sulphide zone to the east, north-west and south-east.
“As Newcrest’s growth drilling programme further expands the footprint of the mineralised system at Havieron, infill drilling has continued in order to support the estimation of an initial Inferred Mineral Resource from the South East Crescent and adjacent breccia mineralisation. We look forward to the delivery of the initial Inferred Mineral Resource from this zone before the end of the year as further drilling continues to define the full extent of the Havieron system.”
If anyone reads this article found it useful, helpful? Then please subscribe www.share-talk.com or follow SHARE TALK on our Twitter page for future updates.
Terms of Website Use
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned