Step out drilling along strike and at depth to commence this quarter following further exceptional results from infill drilling at Havieron
Greatland Gold plc (AIM:GGP), the precious and base metals exploration and development company, is pleased to provide an update on Newcrest’s drilling campaign at Greatland’s Havieron deposit in the Paterson region of Western Australia.
Greatland notes the release of an ASX announcement titled ” Newcrest Quarterly Exploration Report ” by Newcrest Mining Ltd (“Newcrest”) earlier today.
· Exceptional drill results from Havieron further demonstrate the continuity of the higher grade mineralisation within an arcuate sulphide zone and expand the footprint of the mineralisation within this zone and the surrounding proximal breccia.
· Drilling has further developed understanding of mineralised breccias, with broad high-grade intersections in the breccia zone reported for a second successive set of drill results.
· Newcrest currently progressing a Concept Study, with targeted completion in the second half of calendar year 2020, investigating the potential to develop the orebody under both underground selective mining and bulk mining alternatives.
Best New Results (not previously reported on 11 March 2020)
· HAD039: 86.6m @ 2.8g/t Au, 0.37% Cu from 693m, including
· 27. 1m @ 4.4g/t Au, 0.74% Cu from 710.9m
· HAD039W2: 148m @ 2.7g/t Au, 0.45% Cu from 668m, including
· 53m @ 6.2g/t Au, 0.71% Cu from 700m
· HAD043: 167.4m @ 2.4g/t Au, 0.66% Cu from 608m, including
· 22.8m @ 9.3g/t Au, 0.96% Cu from 712.3m
· HAD052: 234m @ 1.7g/t Au, 0.29% Cu from 563m, including
· 62m @ 3.8g/t Au, 0.5% Cu from 614.2m
· Nine rigs operational as drilling activity continues towards the objective of delivering a maiden resource in the second half of calendar year 2020.
· Step out drilling along strike to the north-west and at depth expected to commence in the near term following completion of current phase of infill drilling.
· Newcrest planning approximately 80,000 metres of drilling at Havieron over the 12 months commencing 1 July 2020.
· Environmental and baseline studies progressing to support fast tracking of decline commencement at Havieron by end of calendar year 2020 or early 2021, subject to market and operating conditions and receipt of all necessary permits, consents and approvals.
· Investigating potential to achieve commercial production within two to three years from commencement of decline.
Gervaise Heddle, Chief Executive Officer of Greatland Gold plc, commented: “We are delighted by the seventh consecutive set of excellent results from Newcrest’s drilling campaign, further demonstrating the robustness and continuity of high-grade mineralisation at Havieron, which remains open to the north west and at depth . These results represent another important step towards our near-term objective of a maiden resource at Havieron, and further reinforce the potential to accelerate the timetable for commercial production.
“We are pleased by the extensive steps taken by Newcrest to mitigate the risks of the COVID-19 pandemic at site, whilst maintaining their ongoing commitment to Havieron with nine drill rigs currently operational. We expect step out drilling along strike and at depth to commence in the near term, which will begin to provide us with a clearer picture of the potential to further extend the zone of high-grade mineralisation at Havieron.”
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned