Results show broad intersections and continuity of mineralisation at Black Hills
New Conductors defined in ground electromagnetic surveys
Greatland Gold plc (AIM:GGP), a mining development and exploration company with a focus on precious and base metals, is pleased to announce the remaining set of drill results from the initial 2021 drill programme at its Juri Joint Venture (“Juri JV”) with partner Newcrest Mining Limited (“Newcrest”). Results have been received for the remaining five holes in addition to the first four holes previously announced on 1 September 2021, along with the results of the Ground Electro-Magnetic (“GEM”) survey .
- All assay results have been received for the first phase of Juri JV drilling programme on the Paterson Range East and Black Hills tenements (which form the Juri JV with Newcrest)
- Mineralisation found at Black Hills hole BHD003:
- 7.9m @ 0.16g/t Au from 157m (incl. 1m @ 51ppm As)
- 6m @ 0.14g/t Au from 178m
- 7.85m @ 0.18g/t Au from 191.15m (incl. 0.9m @ 24ppm Bi; 4.9m @ 26ppm As)
- 7.3m @ 0.13g/t Au from 208m
- GEM survey completed identifying several promising EM conductor targets for 2022 drilling programme
- Drilling in BHD003 intersected a 60m thick anomalous zone of weak to moderate Cu – Au mineralisation, correlating with zones drilled historically by Greatland in 2019. Anomalous Bi-As multi element chemistry is strongly associated with the higher grade Au intersections
- Greatland to continue in the role of Manager for the Juri JV beyond 31 December 2021
The first phase of drilling at Juri comprised nine holes for 4,958 m testing six targets including five holes at the Goliath, Outamind and Los Diablos targets on the Paterson Range East licence and four holes at the Parlay, Saddle Reefs & Saddle South targets on the Black Hills licence.
Shaun Day, Chief Executive Officer of GreatlandGold plc, commented: “We are delighted with the full set of results from the maiden drilling campaign under our Juri JV with Newcrest. Gold mineralisation has been intercepted from eight of the nine holes tested from this campaign which is an excellent strike rate.
“These results, together with identifying several new conductor targets from the ground EM programme, increases our confidence regarding the prospectivity of the Juri JV assets and furthers our understanding of the geology of the targets on the JV ground.
“With Newcrest moving to Stage 2 funding of the Juri JV programme and Greatland continuing in the role as Manager, we are well positioned to integrate the new data into our models, refine our Juri JV targets and capitalise on this opportunity in 2022, delivering the potential to increase value for our shareholders.”
In addition to this release, a PDF version of this report with supplementary information can be found at the Company’s website: www.greatlandgold.com/media/jorc/
Greatland Gold PLC
+44 (0)20 3709 4900