Assay results show broad geochemical anomalism at Scallywag providing further evidence of mineralising systems, confirming the area’s prospectivity
New conductor targets in ground electromagnetic surveys identified for 2022 drilling
Greatland Gold plc (AIM:GGP), a mining development and exploration company with a focus on precious and base metals, is pleased to announce completed drilling results from the 2021 drill programme at its 100% owned Scallywag licence. Results have been received for the seven holes completed at four prospects, along with the results of the ground Electro-Magnetic (“EM”) survey .
The 2021 drilling programme and ground EM survey at Scallywag is the second stage of the comprehensive exploration programme initiated at Scallywag and comprised seven holes for 3,863 metres, testing the Swan, Barbossa West, Architeuthis and Teach targets (refer to previous announcements on 19 April 2021 and 24 August 2021).
- Significantly anomalous Au with Bi-Te-Sb pathfinder geochemistry intersected in SWD001 at the Swan target:
- 2.6m @ 0.19g/t Au from 35.4m AND 3m @ 0.19g/t Au from 430m in Swan hole SWD001, associated with broad zones of strongly anomalous Bi-Te-Sb pathfinders;
- Anomalous gold and pathfinders identified in three further holes at the Swan and Barbossa West prospects
- 7m @ 0.10g/t Au from 18m in Swan hole SWD003
- 1m @ 0.48g/t Au from 384m in Swan hole SWD002
- 1m @ 0.20g/t Au from 296m in Barbossa West hole BWD001
- Ground EM survey completed identifying eight promising EM conductor plates in four targets, including two plates adjacent to Swan hole SWD001 above, representing potential higher grade mineralisation proximal to the anomalism identified at Swan to date
- 2022 exploration drill programme designed to test ground EM conductors at Pearl, Swan and Swan East
- Surface geochemistry in suitable areas involving Ultra Fine Fraction geochemistry is planned
- Ongoing review of the 2020 airborne Electro-Magnetic survey, to identify further “Pearl” like aerial EM anomalies for ground EM follow-up
- Further analysis of the drilling results from 2021, 2020 and integration into ongoing basin-wide geophysical and geological modelling to drive further targeting
Shaun Day, Managing Director of Greatland Gold plc, commented: “We are pleased with the results from the 2021 drilling campaign on our 100% owned Scallywag licence . Gold mineralisation has been intercepted in four of the seven holes reported, which is highly encouraging.
“These results, together with identifying several new conductor targets from the ground EM programme and results from the 2020 work, increases our confidence regarding the prospectivity for intrusion related and other styles of mineralised systems at Scallywag.
“In addition to identifying prospective drill targets for our 2022 drill program, this rich set of data builds our understanding of the regional and prospect scale geology as we continue to develop and refine our targeting strategy ahead of our 2022 exploration programmes.”
In addition to this release, a PDF version of this report with supplementary information can be found at the Company’s website: www.greatlandgold.com/media/jorc/
Greatland Gold PLC
+44 (0)20 3709 4900
If anyone reads this article found it useful, helpful? Then please subscribe www.share-talk.com or follow SHARE TALK on our Twitter page for future updates.
Terms of Website Use
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned