Growth Drilling results continue to identify high grade mineralised extensions in the Eastern Breccia, South-East Crescent Zone and Northern Breccia
High grade mineralised intercepts identified between the South East Crescent and the Eastern Breccia increasing the potential for the two zones to link
Acceleration of the decline development resulting in August setting a new record for advance rates
Greatland Gold plc (AIM:GGP), a mining development and exploration company with a focus on precious and base metals, is pleased to provide an exploration and development update at the Havieron gold-copper project in the Paterson region of Western Australia.
- Six drill rigs currently on site, all focused on growth:
- Eastern Breccia: drilling further highlights the geological continuity of higher-grade mineralisation. Recent intercepts reinforce the potential for the Eastern Breccia corridor to host Crescent style high grade mineralisation
- South-East Crescent: drilling continues to confirm and extend mineralisation at depth
- Northern Breccia: New results demonstrate the potential for high grade extension outside the South-East Crescent Zone
- Regional exploration: drilling is underway to test regional geophysical targets outside of the main Havieron system on the Havieron mining lease
- Early Works improvements: Construction activities are progressing including:
- An exploration decline advance of 685 metres as at 31 August 2022
- 196 metres advanced since the last report on 21 July 2022;
- Both monthly and weekly development records were set during August reflecting the transition to full face drill and blast in advancing the exploration decline along with improved geotechnical conditions
- Feasibility Study The schedule for first ore continues to be reviewed and will be updated with the release of the Feasibility Study, which remains on track for completion during the December 2022 quarter1.
Significant New Results (intercepts are reported as downhole width not true width)
- 27m @ 1.9 g/t Au & 0.19 % Cu from 1170m,
- 39.3m @ 2.1 g/t Au & 0.12 % Cu from 1335.7m,
- 20.7m @ 3.6 g/t Au & 0.43 % Cu from 1387.3m
- 15.4m @ 12.0 g/t Au & 0.27 % Cu from 1379.6m
- 120m @ 2.1 g/t Au & 0.17 % Cu from 1724m,
- Including 20.3m @ 3.1 g/t Au & 0.68 % Cu from 1781.7m
- 82m @ 2.7 g/t Au & 0.21 % Cu from 1695m
- 64.5m @ 2.8 g/t Au & 1.1 % Cu from 1798m,
- including 13.5m @ 9.8 g/t Au & 0.89 % Cu from 1843.5m
- 76.2m @ 1.1 g/t Au & 0.08 % Cu from 2054m
- 20m @ 7.6 g/t Au & 0.14 % Cu from 1453m,
- including 16m @ 9.4 g/t Au & 0.17 % Cu from 1455m
- 21.5m @ 3.0 g/t Au & 0.22 % Cu from 1663.5m
- 62m @ 3.0 g/t Au & 0.12 % Cu from 1566m,
- including 26.7m @ 6.4 g/t Au & 0.16 % Cu from 1593m
- 41.9m @ 1.7 g/t Au & 0.11 % Cu from 1491.8m
- including 16.1m @ 3.9 g/t Au & 0.12 % Cu from 1512m
- 39.9m @ 4.6 g/t Au & 0.1 % Cu from 1401.1m
- Including 20.6m @ 8.7 g/t Au & 0.13 % Cu from 1403m
Shaun Day, Managing Director of Greatland Gold plc, commented: “The growth drilling program at Havieron continues to deliver outstanding results as high-grade extensions to the mineralisation are identified across the expanse of the ore body.
“Eastern Breccia and South East Crescent growth drilling continues to expand and define the mineralised footprint and extensions of these zones. The high-grade mineralised intercepts identified between the South East Crescent and the Eastern Breccia increases the potential for a continuous high grade mineralised zone linking these two previously separate areas.
“With six drill rigs all focusing on growth this demonstrates the commitment to unlock the expansion potential within the Havieron system together with ongoing exploration of adjacent structures.
“The notable acceleration of the decline development is welcomed with improved ground conditions at depth resulting in record advance rates. The improved conditions have enabled completion of the transition to full drill and blast development, which positions the team well for further acceleration in development rates.”
In addition to this release, a PDF version of this report with supplementary information can be found at the Company’s website: https://greatlandgold.com/investors/regulatory-news/
Greatland Gold PLC
+44 (0)20 3709 4900
If anyone reads this article found it useful, helpful? Then please subscribe www.share-talk.com or follow SHARE TALK on our Twitter page for future updates.
Terms of Website Use
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned