Greatland commences 2022 Exploration Programme at 100% owned Paterson projects
Drill programme to focus on new conductor targets identified at Scallywag licence including Pearl, Swan and Swan East
Maiden exploration activities to commence at Rudall and Pascalle licences
Greatland Gold plc (AIM:GGP), the precious and base metals exploration and development company , is pleased to announce the commencement of the 2022 exploration programme at its 100% owned projects in the highly prospective Paterson province of Western Australia .
Highlights of 2022 Exploration Programme:
- Exploration programme has commenced at Scallywag and leverages a rich source of geological information and understanding of the area to drill several promising new conductor targets
- Drill programme designed to test ground Electro-Magnetic (“EM”) conductors for Telfer style mineralisation at Pearl, Swan and Swan East targets
- Ultra Fine Fraction soil sampling geochemistry results currently being integrated into regional geological interpretation and targeting framework
- Ongoing review of ground EM geophysics data and 2020 airborne Electro-Magnetic survey to enhance targeting and identify further aerial anomalies for ground EM follow-up
- Further analysis of the drilling results from 2021, 2020 and integration into ongoing basin-wide geophysical and geological modelling to drive further targeting
- Heritage clearances completed and access and drill pad clearing underway ahead of drill programme commencing at Scallywag
Rudall and Pascalle:
- Maiden exploration drill programme planned for identified targets at recently acquired Rudall and Pascalle licences
- Heritage approvals completed at Pascalle and Rudall with access planning underway
- Government grant to be used to co-fund exploration at Rudall licence located 20km southeast of the Havieron gold-copper resource
- Licences sit in prime locations with Rudall situated 20km south-southeast of Havieron and Pascalle situated between Havieron and the Newcrest Mining Telfer gold mine
Shaun Day, Managing Director of Greatland Gold plc, commented: ” We are excited to accelerate Greatland’s exploration programme and commence on the ground activities at our 100% owned projects in the Paterson province of Western Australia, regarded as one of the world’s most prospective frontiers for the discovery of multi-cycle, tier-one gold-copper deposits.
“The 2022 campaign at Scallywag follows encouraging exploration results reported last year, where four of seven holes intercepted gold mineralisation. The maiden drill programme at our newly acquired Pascalle and Rudall tenements is equally significant with Rudall considered to be prospective for Havieron and Telfer style gold-copper occurrences, while Pascalle sits directly between the two world class discoveries of Havieron and Telfer.
“We look forward to unlocking value by systematically progressing exploration through these Havieron and Telfer like priority targets to take advantage of our strong position in this prospective region. ”
In addition to this release, a PDF version of this report with supplementary information can be found at the Company’s website: www.greatlandgold.com/media/jorc/
Greatland Gold PLC
+44 (0)20 3709 4900
If anyone reads this article found it useful, helpful? Then please subscribe www.share-talk.com or follow SHARE TALK on our Twitter page for future updates.
Terms of Website Use
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned