Planet Earth is drowning in plastic waste. Global production of plastic has grown from two million tonnes in 1950 to 368 million tonnes in 2019 and is projected to reach a billion tonnes by 2050. Despite this, only 12% of plastic waste is recycled each year, with the remaining 88% being buried in landfills, burned, or leaked into the environment, causing significant damage to our oceans, land and air.
Given challenges with current recycling methods, new technologies are required to solve this growing problem. In this email, we take a closer look at Recycling Technologies, a company that believes it has a scalable solution to recycling plastic waste.
Is this the end of plastic waste?
Through a decade of research, engineering, and collaboration with academia, Recycling Technologies believes that its proprietary, patented technology offers a paradigm shift from the current alternatives, with the potential to significantly reduce environmental damage.
Recycling Technologies has developed the RT7000 – a machine that takes hard-to-recycle mixed plastic waste and converts it into a raw material that can be used in manufacturing processes. This liquid oil – called Plaxx® – can then be used to make new plastics as well as waxes and other chemicals, enabling a circular economy.
The RT7000 sits alongside existing waste management facilities, reducing the disposal costs of non-recyclable waste and providing a new revenue stream through the production and sale of Plaxx®. Its modular, small-scale design is intended to enable integration with existing assets, thereby removing the need for additional infrastructure. By providing a complementary offering and attractive economics to existing operators, Recycling Technologies believes that it will drive adoption of its technology, whilst positioning itself as a partner of large waste management companies.
The Company plans to mass-produce the RT7000 and has established partnerships with industry leaders, such as INEOS, Neste, Unilever, Mars and Nestle.
Recently in the news.
On 25 November 2021, INEOS Styrolution, the global leader in styrenics, confirmed its decision to invest into Europe’s first polystyrene advanced recycling plant in collaboration with Recycling Technologies.
Dr. Alexander Glück, President EMEA at INEOS Styrolution comments, “I am excited to see this project move ahead. With Recycling Technologies, we have found a partner who is not only offering a very attractive technology, but who is also sharing our own vision to avoid polystyrene ending up in landfills or being incinerated. We are on the right path to make polystyrene a circular material.”
You may have noticed that we have “gone green” in this email. Recycling Technologies expects to qualify for the London Stock Exchange’s Green Economy Mark, which recognises companies that derive 50% or more of their total annual revenues from products and services that contribute to the global green economy.
This offer will close on 9 December 2021.
Minimum investment £500.
Your capital is at risk.
Not for distribution in the US or to US Persons.
Any investment decision must be based solely on the information contained in the Admission Document. You should read the Risk Factors set out in the Admission Document relating to the Company, Financials, Law and Regulation, Intellectual Property, Societal and Reputational Matters, and investment in the Ordinary Shares.
Investing in securities involves a significant degree of risk including loss of capital, rarity of dividends, lack of liquidity and potential for dilution and should only be done as part of a diversified portfolio. The value of an investment and the income from it could go down as well as up. The return of your investment is not guaranteed and you may get back less than you originally invested. Past performance is not an indicator of future performance. It is important that you read the Risk Warnings before considering any investment.
PrimaryBid Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales (No. 08092575) with its registered office at 21 Albemarle Street, London, United Kingdom. PrimaryBid Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 779021).
Copyright 2021, All rights reserved.
If anyone reads this article found it useful, helpful? Then please subscribe www.share-talk.com or follow SHARE TALK on our Twitter page for future updates.
Terms of Website Use
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned