Alien Metals Ltd (LSE AIM: UFO) provide an update on the Company’s Elizabeth Hill Silver Project and the Hamersley Iron Ore Project, Western Australia. We took the opportunity to speak with Bill Brodie Good, CEO & Technical Director of the company about today update.
Chief Executive Officer, Bill Brodie Good said :
“The granting of the program of works is a key requirement to undertaking ground-disturbing activities at Elizabeth Hill. Now the approvals are in place, the technical team is finalising plans to shortly commence a long-awaited field exploration program at Elizabeth Hill which will initially focus on the trenching program to explore for a repeat silver orebody due-south of the historic mine, grid sampling of the old tailings which are understood to still contain significant silver, opening up the main shaft to assess the current water levels and get some samples to be able to request permission to pump out the water safely. We are looking to mobilise the team on-site pre-Christmas, with work to recommence at the start of 2021.
Elizabeth Hill holds enormous potential for the Company, both in the old mine and its bonanza grades and the unique nuggets associated with the deposit, as well as the numerous untested nearby targets associated with a significant geological intrusion already proven to host at least two significant mineral deposits.
“Recent work on the Hamersley Project has been consistently encouraging. Being able to start work on a direct access route into the Kalgan Prospect from Newman in the Hancock Ranges Project is a bonus because it means we can get the access done much quicker and more cost-effectively, leaving us more funds for drilling. We have a tender out with a number of drilling contractors for carrying out our maiden drill program in early 2021.
We look forward to an extremely busy field season and developing both projects significantly for the Company and our investors.”
Elizabeth Hill Project
– Program of Works (“POW”) has been approved by the Western Australia Mines Department for initial trenching and drilling at the Elizabeth Hills Mining Licence
o The POW covers up to 1.25 kilometre of trenching programs and 4,000m of drilling (RC and diamond drilling)
o Trenching programs to test for new or repeat silver orebody due south of existing deposit
o Drilling program to target the historical resource area and to test for potential strike extensions
o Field exploration to commence mid-December and into early January 2021 and will run for a number of months
– Alien is obtaining quotes for carrying out a close spaced airborne geophysical survey to cover the entire tenement area of the mining lease and the 117km2 Exploration Licence application area.
o Aeromagnetic survey will aid in tying in all existing prospects and historical data to aid in prioritising numerous existing targets
o Collation of the airborne surveys, geological interpretations and geochemical results, will drive new target generation across the Exploration Licence
– Concurrently with the drilling and trenching program, Alien will carry out grid sampling of the historic mine tailings dam with the view of acquiring this from a third party
– Also plan to remove the plinth over the historic shaft to test depth of water in old workings to re-open the shaft/underground workings
Hamersley Iron Ore Project
– Await final results of brief in-fill sampling at the Kalgan prospect from recent reconnaissance access trip
– Commence rehabilitation of existing access tracks into the Kalgan prospect, Hancock tenement
– Drilling tenders and quotes underway
– Currently planning additional reconnaissance and geological mapping work on Brockman Tenement
Figure 1: Location of the Elizabeth Hill Silver Project, Western Australia
As a result of recent activities and fund raising, Alien continues to be presented with a range of mineral opportunities. The Company continues to receive and review these opportunities and will provide an announcement when appropriate.
This announcement contains inside information for the purposes of Article 7 of Regulation (EU) 596/2014.
If anyone reads this article found it useful, helpful? Then please subscribe www.share-talk.com or follow SHARE TALK on our Twitter page for future updates.
Terms of Website Use
All information is provided on an as-is basis. Where we allow Bloggers to publish articles on our platform please note these are not our opinions or views and we have no affiliation with the companies mentioned